You can download all your data from Facebook.
I don’t know how long its been up, but today I noticed that Facebook allows you to download all your data.
The download archive will have:-
- Any photos or videos you’ve shared on Facebook.
- Your Wall posts, messages and chat conversations.
- Your friends’ names and their email addresses (if they have shared it).
What the archive won’t have are:-
- Your friends’ photos and status updates.
- Other people’s personal info.
- Comments you’ve made on other people’s posts.
To download your own archive goto Account Settings and click on the link “Download a copy”. This is shown with a red box around it in the screen shot below. (Click on the image to get the bigger picture.)
Clicking this link will take you to a page where need to click the “Start Archive” button. Since archiving takes time, so FB will mail you when archiving is complete.