All CS students must read this. I thought of this once but never realized that this has so much impact.
Read the link above to know how IT companies’ technical interview should be. Not asking some quiz. It is really frustrating when you are asked such questions in interview which you know is never going to be needed in the job. When you get reject because of those questions, and the interviewer chooses to ignore your real-world skills then it becomes darn frustrating.
I remember getting screened out of Amdocs’ first round of written exams because of some maths question! How the hell maths question decided how my CS knowledge is? They might reason that there are too many candidates and interviewing all is not possible; well if that is so then why not use lucky draw? Because such arbitrary questions and lucky draw will give same result, and lucky draw is easier to conduct. Well yes, lucky draw will draw much more criticism, so we are bound to see such arbit questions anyway.
So, all the best job seekers.
The TataSky HD digicom auto updated today. The UI is hell lot sleeker, smooth and non-obstructive. And a hell lot more HD channels. I am loving it. 🙂
The immensely exciting nodejs is not really made to run on Windows, but like me, if you want to develop on a Windows system then you will need to install it on Windows.
Installing nodeJs on Windows
- Get the Windows binary from http://node-js.prcn.co.cc/. Download the complete package. The current version is 0.4.4. You can download it from http://node-js.prcn.co.cc/bin/0.4.4/node-0.4.4-i686-pc-cygwin-complete.7z.
- Create a directory (preferably with no spaces in its full path) and extract the contents of above 7z file into that. (You will need free 7zip to extract it.) Let this directory be C:\node.
- Create folder etc in the above folder, i.e. inside C:\node. So etc folder will be in the same folder as bin, lib etc folders.
- Inside the above etc folder create a file resolv.conf.
- Inside the above file paste the following:-
npm is the popular package manager for nodejs now. So, to be able to use this is absolutely necessary.
- Launch cmd (Windows Command).
- Type cd C:\node\bin (if node is folder where you extracted the node binaries).
- Type shell.
- Now run your npm as – node npm install <package name> (without the angle brackets of course).
First a disclaimer: I am not 100% sure if the incident that I am about to mention was really a social engineering attack to steal my email id. The attacker introduced himself as Osher. Osher if your intentions were really good then do let me know and I sincerely apologies.
Refer to the comment posted by some guy Osher on my post ‘Making sense of standard deviation‘. I had asked one question in the StackOverflow forum, to which he replied on my forum! his repose read funny.
Hi – I’m trying to get you without any relevance to this post.
I’m referring your post in Stack Overflow:
I don’t see the mechanism of Stack-Overflow fit for dialog, and I need some information to understand some things before I can post a reply…
Is one of the scripts that do not exist any more is HtmlUnit?
find me at osher.filter (at) gmail.com, and we’ll sort things out 🙂
If you read his reply then it doesn’t make any sense. Furthermore StackOverflow has comment section for discussing stuffs. You need not reply in anybody’s forum. My StackOverflow account has my blog address, so it wasn’t hard to guess how he came here. My guess is that he wanted to harvest my email for spam, so I replied to him by posting via my forum. After that I never heard from him.
So, friends beware on the net!